Sunday, March 22, 2009

Today has been horrible....the last 26 hours actually. Often times since I have had kids, I have wondered when falling hurts and gets embarassing. You watch a kid fall and they hop back up. A few weeks ago Gabe, my 3 year old decided to ride a bouncy ball down all 13 or so of our stairs and he laughed when he hit the bottom. I am not that tough i guess. Last night I learned that the embarassment and pain that comes with falling happens sometime between 3 and 29. I had a friend come over to borrow some movies. I was holding Levi and went to walk down the stairs. I can't remember if I was dodging a kid or what happened but next thing I know my butt was hitting the stairs instead of my feet. I was in sooo much pain. Then I remembered that Sarah was right behind me. She grabbed Levi to make sure he had survived the fall and I just sat there wishing there was a hole I could crawl in or some other place I could be.
I spent the day at the doctor and the hospital get poked, prodded and x-rayed. The final result is a shattered tailbone, with out a lot of hope for a painless recovery and a very bruised and swollen pelvis and hip. The only help the doctor could give me was a bottle of Lortab and the advise "If it hurts to doit, you probably shouldn't try." Some one should have told me that before I tried going down the stairs like kids do (on my butt not my feet). So for all of you who need a quote for the week, here it is...."if it hurts, or looks like it might hurt, DON'T DO IT!"

1 comment:

  1. OUCH OUCH OUCH OUCH!!!! A shattered (SHATTERED???!!!!) tailbone sounds like it would be so painful. You poor girl!

    ReplyDelete